Monday, July 14, 2008

Paris holds the key to our hearts

Paris holds the key to my heart is the song Nicole and I were humming almost the entire time in Paris. It's from Anastasia. Sorry you have to hear from us two times in a row, but Paris was simply too amazing to not talk about. We left Stratford upon Avon and got on the train with our little group of seven girls and were so excited! I have always wanted to ride a train and it was awesome! When we got off the train, and stepped into the light above the metro, we couldn't believe we made it! We walked a little ways to our luxurious hotel and checked in.
We were all starving by this point, so we walked the picturesque cobble stone street to a little cafe. We tried so hard to pick something we wouldn't eat at home, but we were just too starved to risk it. Half of us ordered omlettes, and the other half ham and cheese sandwiches. Then we walked by the river and began to see all the classic sights of Paris! It was so exciting! We took a boat tour of all the classic sights. Then we walked to the Arch de Triumph and down Chantz de Leon. We went in the most massive Sephora cosmetics store on the face of the Earth! The M.A.C. counter was huge and they were doing make-overs right in the store. I was in heaven!
After that, we found a little pizza restaurant for dessert and ate creme brule in Paris!
The next day we woke up early and went to the Eiffel Tower. We stood in a long line to ride the elevator to the top and it turned out to be for the stairs. I am totally afraid of heights, but I just decided to do it anyway. We walked to the second floor and the view was amazing. Our little group walked inside and ate breakfast at the Eiffel Tower!

Some of the group wanted to go all the way to the top, so Nicole and I went back down and it began to rain. We opened our umbrella and walked around the park below. About twenty minutes later, the sun came out and we relaxed while we waited for our group to come down. Then we went to Notre Dame. It was amazing, but we didn't find Quasimodo.
We went back to our hotel for a little rest and then got ready, took some pictures, and ate dinner at the hotel restaurant.


The next day we slept in and then went to the Louvre. We were so tired, but knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so we toughed it out. It was amazing to see all the famous paintings and sculptures, but our favorite was by far Napolean III's apartment. The chandeliers were humongous and the banquet hall was set as if royalty was really coming to dinner.

The trip ended too soon and we had to rush to make our train home. Of course we did nearly kill each other on this journey, but it was well worth the fun and the memories!

tiffany

4 comments:

Elder Tommy Hatfield said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot all about Notre Dame. Aren't the gargoyles cool. How about the crepes filled with chocolate, they aren't so bad either. Keep up the blogging!! Love, Mom

OurFamily said...

Tiffany! I just found your blog - cant believe you didn't tell me about it! I'm so jealous of your fun in England!

Torgersons said...

I didn't know grandma and grandpa had a family blog!!! What the. I wasn't even invited. I'm so jealous of you guys! I went to Europe the summer before my senior year and saw all these marvelous places your talking about...minus the MAC counter. I really missed the boat on that one. That would have been the crowning glory of the trip! A MAC store? Who knew. Have so much fun! And Tiff, Scott will be there when you get home. Just have fun while you're there!

Torgersons said...

Hmm, pardon my bad English. I said the wrong form of "your." I meant "you're." I hate it when others do that, and I just did it. Lame.